There is a huge variety of insurance options available to cover every family and every lifestyle, but before you can worry about mastering unusual insurance policies, it is important to understand the basics.
One of the most important basics for many Americans is homeowners insurance, and this post is here to give you the education you need to understand homeowners insurance policies.
What It Covers
Understanding home insurance means understanding your coverage, so here is a brief run down of everything covered by most homeowners insurance policies.
- Damages to Your Home. Home insurance policies cover much of the damage that could happen to your home, although some potential causes (like floods and earthquakes) may not be covered by a basic policy.
- Damage to Your Personal Property. Most policies cover personal property within the home up to a certain monetary value.
- Other Structure Damage. These policies may also cover any other structures on your property, like a shed or a barn.
- Liability Coverage. Homeowners insurance will also cover your personal liability if an accident occurs on your property.
- Additional Expenses for Repairs. IF you are unable to live in your home because of a covered accident, your insurance may cover your additional living expenses while your home is being repaired.
- Miscellaneous Coverage. Many home insurance plans can be altered to meet your home’s specific needs.
Getting the home insurance policy that works for you is an important part of protecting your home. Call Bradenton Insurance today for more information on our home insurance policies!