We love boating and so do you. Whether you like to fish, enjoy water sports, or just spend time with the family, it’s critical you take the time to make sure your boat insurance is well taken care of. Trust us, the last thing you want to worry about when you’re out on the water is whether you're properly insured.
What You Need to Know
Boat insurance functions much like car insurance, but has many of it’s own nuances. Here are a few things to consider:
- Protects you for damages and injuries caused to others on the water. This coverage will pay to repair or replace the property of someone else as well as for their medical care, lost wages, and other costs incurred as a result of a boating accident for which you are at fault or partially at fault in.
- Coverage for the cost of needed care that is the result of a boating accident, regardless of who is at-fault. This coverage is available from $500 to $10,000 and covers you, your passengers, and even your wake boarders, skiers, tubers, etc.
- Covers physical damage to your boat resulting from theft, vandalism, collision, etc.
Fuel Spill Liability
- Covers you if your boat sinks or releases fuel into the water – the law requires you to pay for clean up costs.
- Covers towing and on the water assistance if you ever get stranded or need help.
Agreed Value Coverage
- Boats depreciate just like cars. Actual cash value (ACV) policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that has been stolen or destroyed. With an agreed value coverage policy on a total loss you don’t need to worry about depreciation because you’ll receive the value you insured it for.
Every need is unique – contact us today to find out how to get the best boat insurance coverage for you.
Want to find out more about your Boat Insurance options?